Welcome to the Occupy Wall Street Kitchen!
The Occupy Wall Street Kitchen, lovingly known as “The People’s Kitchen,” is a revolutionary space for breaking bread and building communities that is open to everyone!
From our camp kitchen in Liberty Plaza, we feed the 99%, providing a space for occupiers, bankers, farmers and the homeless to share delicious meals and good conversation. We nourish the grassroots movement to free America from corporate control and create a fairer economic system for hardworking people.
We are committed to building a more equitable society and furthering the food justice movement by changing patterns of consumption in New York City and beyond. Through our work at OWS, we unite local farmers and small businesses with families and communities that sustain the movement. Our network of supporters is a diverse group of small businesses, family-run farms, community groups and individuals who share a common vision of a better, more sustainable America.
In farming, cooking, serving and eating, we are imagining a new American Dream.
Let's do this together!
There are many ways to donate money and food to the kitchen!
1) Donate money online to the Occupy Wall Street General Fund.
2) Donate ready-to-serve food by bringing it to the kitchen at Liberty Square.
3) Buy produce for the kitchen through Feed the Movement, a new online effort to sustain the Occupy movement while also supporting the small farms that are an important part of the movement!
4) Buy prepared food to help feed the occupiers through The Street Vendor Project.
5) Help reclaim food that would otherwise be trashed and use it to feed hungry people by joining the Chow Group.